Friday, December 23, 2011

DIY Friday #6: Paper Snowman

So this DIY Friday actually comes to you from a happy accident! Ohhh how I love happy accidents! See, originally I was planning on showing you how to make what I call the accordion flower and I was making a couple testing out the different sizes, as I had them laying together I realized that this has the possibility of looking like a snowman! So I went along with my thought and BAM! Snowman! Actually, it turned out to be a little more of a snowwoman, same difference!

Here she is, the lovely snowwoman:


Step 1: Cut 3 strips of white paper, 1x7, 1.5x8.5 and 2x11. Then start accordion folding

Step 2: Continue to accordion fold until all 3 of your strips look like this


Step 3: Scrunch your fold all the way and then fold it in half:


Step 4: Take the 2 edges that come together when folded and adhere them together

Step 5: Unfold back out

Step 6: Then fold to the opposite side

Step 7: Adhere both the sides that you folded together and adhere the center as well


Step 8: Adhere them together smallest to largest, then start adding your embellishments

Step 9: Finish decorating your snowman and you are finished!

Hope you like this weeks DIY Friday, it was a ton of fun making this one!! I look forward to making more and adding different embellishment to see how they turn out, if you make one share it with me I would love to see how it turns out! I don't know how I can top it next week for DIY Friday but surely I will think of something ;) Be sure to check back!

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment