Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Minds Eye: Follow Your Heart Double Page Layout

I mentioned how much I love this new line riiight?? LOL-- I couldn't stop at just one single page layout, I just HAD to do another layout! This is also a project I did for Cord Scrapbooking Studio using My Mind's Eye: Follow Your Heart.









This layout is from my last trip to The Gambia {West Africa}. The Gambia is the home of Kunta Kinteh {you know--- ROOTS?} and known for it's bird wild life, and friendly monkeys! I have so many amazing memories from this trip but I have to say at the top of my list is Billijo National Forest where Baz and I hiked around on a trail surrounded by birds and monkey's! I had my back pack with me and earlier that day I had purchased some cashews, we pulled the bag of cashews out to snack on while hiking and it didnt take long for the monkeys to notice this delicious treat! Soon enough we were surrounded by hungry monkeys, we decided to go ahead and give them some {why not??}, they were very friendly monkeys, taking them politely our of our hands, I was so excited to be this close and have great interaction with them. I <3 monkeys!! At one point Baz sat down on a bench with the book bag strapped on while feeding a monkey, I look over and this sneaky monkey thought he was slick and was behind Baz trying to get some cashews out of the pocket where we kept them-- it was too funny! I shooed the sneaky monkey away and he backed down easily..... it was such a great experience, so much fun.



Material List:


My Minds Eye-Follow Your Heart: Be Amazing


*Cardstock: 2 Kraft
*Cats Eye Ink: Chesnut Roan
*Knock Outs Punch-Border Starter Kit
*Layered Stickers
*Faceted Gems
*Decorative Buttons
*Honeyblue
*Be Adored
*Blue Doily
*Geo Star
*Be The Best


15 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing! Love your layout...that paper is great!
    Great Days,
    Jazz
    alittledabofglue.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your story and the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing photos! And I love how your layout turned out. So vivid and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story and beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used the hexagon paper, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color combos and the hexagons. Very pretty page. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the hexagons too, great layout & story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Ashley, this is one of my favorite LOs you have done!! Love MME!! Love the hexagons!! Love, love, love the story!! And the monkeys are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashley I love the new MME papers too!!!! I have made like three new layouts with them!!! This is great - looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! Great way to use those hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely! I really like the hexagon cut outs! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete